Skip to content
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 tbsp ghee (or olive oil, coconut oil)
- A pinch of rosemary or a tsp of rosemary olive/grapeseed oil (optional – a nice touch)
- 1 lb shaved beef steak
- 1/2 lb red pastrami (cut into 1-2 inch pieces)
- Turn oven to 350 degrees, place green peppers (either top cut off standing up, or leave the tops on and cut in half like shown in the photo) on a baking sheet and put in the oven.
- In a large frying pan, melt ghee (or oil) and cook onion until translucent on medium (5 minutes or so).
- Add a pinch of rosemary or a tsp of rosemary olive/grapeseed oil (optional)
- Add steak and continue to cook on medium until browned.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the steak as it cooks. I used grapevine smoked salt.
- Once cooked, add pastrami and cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove green peppers from the oven.
- Turn off burner, strain grease from meat and return to pan.
- Add mustard and mayo then mix everything up so it’s coated evenly.
- Fill green peppers with meat and top with a slice of cheese.
- Turn oven to broil at 500 degrees and cook for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: