¾ cup Greek yogurt
2 tbsp cream cheese
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp finely chopped, fresh cilantro
2 lbs chicken wings
1 tsp salt
1 tsp tandoori seasoning
1 tbsp ghee
2 oz. butter
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp coriander, ground
½ tsp garam masala seasoning
½ tsp ground cumin
½ cup tomato puree
¼ cup water
1 tsp dried fenugreek (kasoori methi)
1 tsp salt
fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the yogurt, cream cheese, garlic powder, chaat masala, and cilantro. Season with salt, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more, until serving.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Set aside a rimmed baking sheet with a fitted rack, lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the salt, tandoori masala, and ghee. Add the chicken wings, and toss them together to completely coat.
- Using tongs, place wings on the baking tray rack, and bake for 25 minutes. Transfer wings into a large bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the butter sauce.
- Heat the butter, ginger garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric, ground coriander, garam masala, and cumin in a small saucepan, over low heat. Whisk together until butter is melted and combined.
- Add the tomato purée, water, and fenugreek. Stir together, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the cilantro and cream, whisk together, and cook uncovered for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Pour 3/4 sauce over the wings, and toss to coat. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, return wings to the baking rack and bake for 10 minutes, or longer for desired crispiness (reserve the leftover butter sauce in the bowl).
- Transfer baked wings into the bowl containing the 1/4 reserved butter sauce, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle extra cilantro over the wings, and serve with the chatpata dip on the side.
The instructions were easy to follow, the ingredients were easy to find. I found the recipe to be delicious. My kids loved it and so did I. I plan to make this again for our family.
We’ve been on keto now for some time and it seems to be working for us. I feel fuller and have more energy.